If you are working on a project where you are writing a thesis statement for a research paper then you have to know how the task can be accomplished. One of the best ways for this is finding and following thesis examples for research papers. Research papers can come in different forms like projects, essays, and submissions of papers among others. However, all such forms have one common feature. It is the thesis statement.
What is a Thesis Statement?
Usually, a thesis statement is a concise summarization of contents in the research paper in one or two lines. The role played by it in any research paper is as follows.
- It directly addresses the research question;
- The statement contains only one or two sentences summarizing the main point in the paper prepared; and
- It identifies the purpose of the paper.
To know how to write a thesis statement you can check some of the master thesis examples where you will find the information required. The statement is usually placed in opening paragraphs and at the end of the introduction.
Contents of Thesis Statement
In any of the qualitative thesis examples for research papers, you will find the following components.
- The specific topic dealt in the research paper;
- Assertion for the research paper;
- Reasons for the assertion; and
- A strong statement on the objective.
Types of Thesis Statements
Common types of thesis statements are as follows.
- The expository thesis statement that lists the key aspects of the topic dealt with in the research paper;
- The analytical thesis statement that analyzes and interpret various aspects of a topic dealt with in the research paper; and
- An argumentative thesis statement indicates the stand of the author in the topic dealt with in the research paper.
To get a clear idea about creating an effective thesis statement you can check thesis examples. The good news for you is that there are educational sites where you can find master thesis examples free.
Finding Thesis Examples for Research Papers
You can find the best of the thesis examples for research papers online. You have to find out the examples of the specific type of research paper you are preparing. For instance; if you are preparing a research paper on business then you have to find out the master thesis examples for business. The gist of all these is that you need to follow the best examples of thesis statements for research papers and you will find many on the web uploaded by top educational sites.
Importance of Thesis Statement for Research Papers
One of the questions nagging at the back of your mind would be about the importance of a thesis statement for research papers. The following points need to be considered.
- The thesis statement establishes the purpose and the viewpoints of the writer;
- Since the purpose is distinctly defined it keeps the author and researchers to stay focused on the purpose of the research paper; and
- It guides the readers to understand the main arguments of the writer in the research paper.
The thesis statement must be qualitative. The best way of ensuring it is to follow one of the high-quality thesis examples for research papers that can work as a template for the purpose.
Thesis Statement is Different from Research Hypothesis
When you follow the thesis examples in literature you will find that the thesis statement for research papers and thesis hypothesis serves the same purpose by addressing the research question. However, there are many differences in their features.
- A thesis statement is a short statement of the main points of arguments in the research paper;
- A research hypothesis is a statement that can be established based on the studies conducted; and
- To appreciate the difference you can resort to qualitative thesis examples for research papers where both these aspects are clearly explained.
The two processes are also interlinked. If you have a hypothesis to prove or disprove a thesis statement is indispensable. That is the aspect to consider while you submit your proposal for creating the master thesis for research papers. For preparing a high-quality proposal you can get ideas by viewing the proposal for master thesis examples and choosing the format, style, and features of the best example you have found out.
Steps in Preparing Thesis Statement for Research Paper
The following steps are to be taken before preparing the thesis statement for research papers.
- Conduct extensive research;
- Start designing the research question;
- The statement should directly address the research question; and
- Prepare a rough draft first and then modify the same as required to prepare the final statement.
Instead of formulating the steps on your own, it would be good to use one of the best thesis examples for research papers to prepare your thesis statement for the research paper. It will save your time and efforts considerably.