Most people say that completing a thesis is the hardest part of a student’s life, but certain people like me were struggling to choose the right thesis topics. Even for some students, it is a nightmare because your topic is the first thing that is noticed by the readers. But don’t need to panic more, because this article will help you to find cool and engaging master thesis topics.
How to choose a topic?
Choosing the topic may seem difficult for most students, but to make it simple and easy you can write many sample research topics that interest you. Among them choose the top 10 research topics, and even you can consult your colleagues or friends, or professors to choose any of the topics from the list.
While choosing a topic, also you need to make sure that whether it is a controversial topic as in your thesis you need to develop arguments to make the thesis more interesting. The topic should expand your knowledge, and it makes the writing process easier. So, you need to think from a different perspective if you are choosing a topic.
Still, confused about choosing the right thesis topics then follow the mind mapping idea. Here, you need to write the topic in the centre of the sheet and write relevant terms around it. This will let you know whether the topic can make enough for the paper. Even you can get help from the writing services, as they will take care of your entire thesis, and they will present your thesis in a more professional way with better thesis topics.
Things to consider:
Before starting your project, here are some of the areas that you need to concentrate on to choose thesis topics;
Field of interest
While developing a thesis you will be spending more time on doing research, developing the articles, and combining your ideas together. So, if you choose a topic which you are passionate about, it will make the research process easier, and you will love the thesis work
Level of experience
Even your experience on the topic matters a lot, as it will reduce the research work by minimizing your time spent on the thesis work. If you already know about the topic or have any experience with it, then it will make your task easier.
The thesis topics should not only interest you, but they should consist of a variety of resources so that your research work will be easier. If you choose a topic that doesn’t provide more information, then you can’t make an engaging thesis paper. So, choose a topic that comes with enough information, which will help you to submit a full-length paper.
Once you have chosen the topic, make sure whether it can contribute to the academic field or whether it is practical to help any kind of social issues. If your topic carries a social relevance, then it would attract the audience more.
Fit teacher’s requirements
Before finalizing any topic, you need to check whether it is coming under your requirements. Get approvals for your topic from your guide before start writing a thesis on the topic. Also, you need to be 100% sure that the topic you have chosen should provide enough resources and knowledge to finish the thesis on time.
5 best tips for choosing thesis topics:
- Rather than concentrating on the ideas which are unexplored by the people in the past, you can concentrate on the ideas that interest you and to make it even more interesting you can combine all the ideas. The topic may look old, but you will get a chance to present it in a newer way
- You can read other student’s thesis papers, trade journals, or industry-associated magazines which will help to brainstorm your ideas. This may not grab your attention, but it will lead the way to find your thesis topics
- Most of the time, you won’t get the idea for the topics while thinking about it, so you can spend time in some creative work. This tip will help you to relieve your stress, so you will get a clear and refresh mind to again do research on the topics
- You should have enough resources and knowledge about the topic and conduct a survey by putting your ideas to the test. This tip will add more depth and precision to your topic so you can find any holes or flaws in the topic
- You can use a swipe file, and this is the easiest and important tip. You can note down all your ideas, links, keywords, websites, blogs, and a variety of other resources in the file. This may help you in a brainstorm about the topic ideas, and even in the future you can finish the thesis easily using these resources
Top 20 cool and engaging thesis topics:
Once you have shortlisted the senior thesis topics for your research paper then you will like the most difficult part of the work has done. Not only the thesis needs complete research, even selecting a topic needs enough research, and you need to collect a lot of data. Here is the list of thesis topics, maybe you can consider them if you are looking for a cool topic.
- Topic related to study
- Natural Science
- Criminal Law and Justice
- Medical Research
- Science and Technology
- Social Science
- Computer Science
- Social Media
- Social Issues
- Arts and culture
- Family issues
- Political issues
- Psychological Research
- Women and Gender
- Current events
You can implement these tips to get cool and better thesis topics, but remember all these tips will act as a tool for brainstorming your ideas. You need to note down all the ideas, as you never knew when an idea will blossom into Ph.D. thesis topics.